PLOS to sponsor #FuturePub 4 at The British Library
We're delighted to announce that PLOS (Public Library of Science) have kindly agreed to sponsor this month's #FuturePub event being held at The British Library.
#FuturePub 4 - The Future of Science & Publishing Tech
Join us on January 27th for a series of quickfire talks on exciting new developments in science and publishing tech....plus the all important chance to continue the discussions in the pub afterwards!
The speakers include:
- Ian Mulvany, Head of Technology for eLife
- Christopher Rabotin, back end developer at Sparrho
- Kaveh Bazargan, founder of River Valley Technologies
- Keren Limor-Waisberg, creator of The Scientific Literacy Tool
- Winston Li, Ben Anuworakarn, Alex Lown, Alex Mousafeiris, Zain Sekha and Jit Yap, Imperial Student Team
PLOS is a nonprofit publisher and advocacy organization dedicated to accelerate progress in science and medicine by leading a transformation in research communication. Their suite of influential journals from all areas of science and medicine contain rigorously peer reviewed Open Access research articles, together with expert comment and analysis.
Find out more on the PLOS website.
- 6-7pm - Arrival and pre-talk drinks / networking
- 7-8pm - Talks
- 8pm onwards - Post-talk drinks / networking, continued at McGlynn’s on Whidborne Street (5 minutes walk from the British Library)
Getting to the British Library Conference Centre
The British Library is at 96 Euston Road next to King's Cross and St Pancras International rail stations. You can also use the Hammersmith and City, Piccadilly, Northern, Circle, District, Metropolitan and Victoria Underground lines. Many bus services stop on Midland Road and Euston Road.
The event is being held in the Bronte Room in the Conference Centre.
For more details and to register for your free ticket, please visit the #FuturePub event page.