Overleaf for Institutions
Supporting Students and Researchers at universities around the world
With over 2.9 million users around the world from over 3,600 different institutions, Overleaf is the most popular LaTeX-based writing and collaboration platform for students and researchers alike.
Overleaf Commons is our subscription service for institutions to provide Overleaf Professional accounts to students, faculty and staff throughout their university or organization. This service provides streamlined, branded enrollment, a resource portal with featured templates, member training and administrative analytics/metrics.
It’s been a win for everyone – the library gets the insight and information it needs, the students and faculty get a great tool for writing and collaborating, and the University gets an easy submission portal for its online repository. We couldn’t be happier with Overleaf.
Already available at these leading institutions
See your institution listed below? Simply click 'View' to visit your university portal and claim your free upgrade to Overleaf Professional today.
American University of Beirut
California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
Carnegie Mellon University
Eindhoven University of Technology
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CfA)
Imperial College London
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IITD)
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (IIIT-Delhi)
Istituto Nazionale di Astrofisica (INAF)
MIT Haystack Observatory
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Michigan Technological University
North Carolina State University
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich)
Technical University of Denmark
The University of Sydney
USC Information Sciences Institute
UW Paul G. Allen School
Universidad Nacional de Colombia (UNAL)
University of Agder
University of Birmingham
University of Bristol
University of California, Berkeley
University of Edinburgh
University of Malaga
University of New South Wales (UNSW)
University of Queensland
University of Virginia
University of Waterloo
University of York
Universität des Saarlandes
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech)
Overleaf Commons helps ensure that everyone at an institution can make use of the full power of Overleaf in their writings and collaborations. For our institutional partners, this means that they are proactively supporting their students, researchers, faculty, and staff by providing an innovative, collaborative, state-of-the-art solution to help them succeed.
If you'd like to find out more about how Overleaf can support your students and researchers, please get in touch, we'd love to hear from you.
Request Sent, Thank you.
Overleaf Commons includes:
- Overleaf Professional accounts – for students, faculty and staff.
- Hassle-free license management – users simply register with their institutional email address on Overleaf (or add it to their existing Overleaf account) to join your Overleaf Commons license and receive their upgrade automatically.
- An Overleaf resource portal – featuring templates, FAQs and Help resources, and a quick way for new users to sign up.
- Support – we’ll help you get everything set up and then we’re here to answer questions from students, faculty and staff about the platform, templates or LaTeX itself!
- Training videos and webinars – to help ensure your users and admin staff are ready to use the Overleaf platform.
- Metrics and analytics – we provide an administrative dashboard with metrics and analytics on platform use, users, projects and submissions.
Or download our Request for Service kit to help gather support internally:
Includes instructions and a letter for your favorite librarian, head of department, or other decision maker.