Overleaf Work from Home 2020 Group Account FAQs
June 20th Update: At the start of the Coronavirus/COVID19 pandemic, we introduced a temporary free upgrade programme as our immediate response. This programme ran for three months covering April-June 2020, and helped over 45,000 people use Overleaf more effectively during this time. The registration period for this free upgrade has now closed; users who have already taken up the free upgrade will continue to see it applied to their account until the end of June 2020.
To help you to continue to collaborate throughout 2020 and beyond, we are continuing to provide additional support and initiatives. For more information, please see https://www.overleaf.com/events/wfh2020 .
Details of the original Work from Home 2020 group account offer, which ran between April-June 2020 are available in the original blog post, with additional FAQ answers provided below.
- 1 How do I request an upgrade?
- 2 I haven’t received the upgrade to my account, what should I do?
- 3 How does this affect my existing subscription?
- 4 What will happen with my documents once the temporary upgrade expires?
- 5 Can I share this upgrade opportunity with others?
- 6 What if I have any other questions about this?
How do I request an upgrade?
The registration period for this free upgrade has now closed; users who have already taken up the free upgrade will continue to see it applied to their account until the end of June 2020.
I haven’t received the upgrade to my account, what should I do?
Users who had taken up the free upgrade before the registration period closed on June 20th 2020 will continue to see it applied to their account until the end of June 2020.
If you applied before the closing date, please check your email to make sure you’ve received the invitation to the Work from Home 2020 group account; it may be in your spam or promotions folder. In order to receive the upgrade, you’ll need to accept the invite to the group. If you haven’t received the email, and it’s not in your spam folder, please let us know. All upgrades will expire at the end of June 2020.
How does this affect my existing subscription?
This upgrade doesn’t affect your existing subscription, if you have one, which will continue to run as normal. For example, if you’re on the Student plan, and joined the Work from Home 2020 group to be upgraded to the Professional Account until the end of June2020, when the temporary upgrade expires you’ll still be on the Student plan.
What will happen with my documents once the temporary upgrade expires?
You’ll still have full access to all of your documents after the temporary upgrade expires, just like if you had cancelled a regular Overleaf subscription. You and all of your collaborators will continue to be able to access and work on all of your existing projects without interruption, the only difference is that you won’t have access to the premium features, unless you otherwise have access to an upgraded account, e.g. through our referral bonus programme, an individual or group subscription, or a university site license.
For a list of current initiatives being provided to help you work from home during 2020 and beyond, please see https://www.overleaf.com/events/wfh2020.
Yes you can! Although the registration period for the temporary free upgrade has now closed, we are continuing to provide additional support and initiatives. For more information, please see https://www.overleaf.com/events/wfh2020.
The more people we can help during this difficult period the better, and if you'd like to share this link with your colleagues, please do.
What if I have any other questions about this?
If you have any questions or require any assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our support team via email (email@example.com) or via our contact form.
- Creating a document in Overleaf
- Uploading a project
- Copying a project
- Creating a project from a template
- Using the Overleaf project menu
- Including images in Overleaf
- Exporting your work from Overleaf
- Working offline in Overleaf
- Using Track Changes in Overleaf
- Using bibliographies in Overleaf
- Sharing your work with others
- Using the History feature
- Debugging Compilation timeout errors
- How-to guides
- Guide to Overleaf’s premium features
- Creating your first LaTeX document
- Choosing a LaTeX Compiler
- Paragraphs and new lines
- Bold, italics and underlining
- Mathematical expressions
- Subscripts and superscripts
- Brackets and Parentheses
- Fractions and Binomials
- Aligning equations
- Spacing in math mode
- Integrals, sums and limits
- Display style in math mode
- List of Greek letters and math symbols
- Mathematical fonts
Figures and tables
- Inserting Images
- Positioning Images and Tables
- Lists of Tables and Figures
- Drawing Diagrams Directly in LaTeX
- TikZ package
References and Citations
- Bibliography management with bibtex
- Bibliography management with natbib
- Bibliography management with biblatex
- Bibtex bibliography styles
- Natbib bibliography styles
- Natbib citation styles
- Biblatex bibliography styles
- Biblatex citation styles
- Multilingual typesetting on Overleaf using polyglossia and fontspec
- Multilingual typesetting on Overleaf using babel and fontspec
- International language support
- Quotations and quotation marks
- Sections and chapters
- Table of contents
- Cross referencing sections, equations and floats
- Management in a large project
- Multi-file LaTeX projects
- Lengths in LaTeX
- Headers and footers
- Page numbering
- Paragraph formatting
- Line breaks and blank spaces
- Text alignment
- Page size and margins
- Single sided and double sided documents
- Multiple columns
- Code listing
- Code Highlighting with minted
- Using colours in LaTeX
- Margin notes
- Theorems and proofs
- Chemistry formulae
- Feynman diagrams
- Molecular orbital diagrams
- Chess notation
- Knitting patterns
- CircuiTikz package
- Pgfplots package
- Typesetting exams in LaTeX
- Attribute Value Matrices
- Understanding packages and class files
- List of packages and class files
- Writing your own package
- Writing your own class